Fatigue strength of cast iron componentsCopyright: © IWM
Actual guidelines allow, for cast iron, just very locally concentrated plastic deformation caused by single extreme loads in the case of wind energy plants. The field experience of plant- and gear manufacturers suggests that there is unused potential of construction material. However, up to now this is hardly usable as there is a lack of scientifically based knowledge on it.
- Development of unused material potential for cast iron with nodular graphite.
- Quantification of the influence of individual overloads on fatigue strength
- Evaluation of the statistical influence of variables
- Investigation of crack propagation and crack residue in notches
- Establishment of a support number concept under consideration of the deformation-mechanical, statistical and fracture-mechanical support effect
Grant number: IGF 19234 N