Fatigue strength of cast iron componentsCopyright: © IWM
Group Material fatigue
- +49 241 80 99535
- Send Email
Actual guidelines allow, for cast iron, just very locally concentrated plastic deformation caused by single extreme loads in the case of wind energy plants. The field experience of plant- and gear manufacturers suggests that there is unused potential of construction material. However, up to now this is hardly usable as there is a lack of scientifically based knowledge on it.
- Development of unused material potential for cast iron with nodular graphite.
- Quantification of the influence of individual overloads on fatigue strength
- Evaluation of the statistical influence of variables
- Investigation of crack propagation and crack residue in notches
- Establishment of a support number concept under consideration of the deformation-mechanical, statistical and fracture-mechanical support effect
Grant number: IGF 19234 N