IWM-IAPK Kolloquium 2024
Development of Tool Materials
The IWM-IAPK Colloquium 2024 deals with the topic of the development of new tool materials.
The following lectures are already confirmed:
- Strength of additively manufactured tool steels (Frederik Tegeder, IWM)
- Production of hot work tool steels by LPBF: How microstructure affects thermal conductivity, toughness and hardness (Siyuan Qin, IWM)
- HiPIMS: Research paves the way for coating technology for future tool manufacturing markets (Dr.-Ing. Christoph Schiffers, CemeCon AG)
- MAX-phase composites with adjustable coefficient of thermal expansion for precision glass pressing (Dr.-Ing. Simone Herzog, IWM/IAPK)
- Cemented carbides - a scientific and sustainable approach for application as cutting tools and wear products (Dr.-Ing. Uwe Schleinkofer, Ceratizit)
- Current developments in tool steel (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Escher, Dörrenberg)
The Institute for Materials Applications in Mechanical Engineering (IWM) at RWTH Aachen University and the Institute for Application Technology Powder Metallurgy and Ceramics at RWTH Aachen e.V. (IAPK) invite annually to the annual colloquium of the institute network under changing topics.
During the colloquium, numerous interesting lectures are held on current research topics from science and industry leading to further discussions.
The exchange among colleagues on current issues is always a welcome opportunity to get up to date.
You can find impressions from IWM-IAPK colloquium 2023 here.